May 9, 2013

Wrapping Cloth - Wow!

As people's consciousness towards the environmental issues increases, they try to reuse or recycle more materials.  As a part of such a recent trend, the convenience of Japanese traditional wrapping cloth called furoshiki has been revalued in Japan.

This looks just a sheet of ordinary square cloth.


I thought that the way to wrap things with furoshiki was just as below.


However, I have recently known that there are wider variety of ways to use this cloth depending on the things to be wrapped and been so impressed.   Can you believe the square cloth changes to a bag!



It can also wrap bottles, wow!

Large Sake Bottle can be wrapped!

Two Wine Bottles with one furoshiki!
I have also learned how to fold furoshiki to make each of the above and had an impression that it's not so difficult if I follow an instruction, which is easy and doesn't have so many processes.

Besides its high functionality, furoshiki itself attracts me for its designs.



I haven't seen many people around using furoshiki yet.  What I'm thinking is I might use furoshiki as a briefcase.  Not dare it yet, but someday...




No comments:

Post a Comment