May 13, 2013

Real Steak Exist in Japan?

I like steak.  But it has to be grilled steak, which can be rarely seen in Japan as far as I know.


Usual way to cook steak in Japan (even at restaurants) is pan-fry, which disappoints me.


I also do not like marbled beef, which is popular in Japan, since it's unreasonably expensive, is not chewy, and makes me sick with the fat included.


Also, I don't like meat to be sliced, which is usually used for meat cooking in Japan.


Accordingly, I don't like the following beef cooking menus as I feel these are sort of substitutions which Japanese created since big steak was so expensive in Japan and was not available.  Regardless of being just substitutions (if my guess is right), these are so expensive, i.e. Japanese price.

Sukiyaki
Shabu shabu
Needless to say, I don't like the Japanese style BBQ using sliced meat, either.


BBQ has to be like the below.


But the below is going far beyond.


Anyways, most Japanese ways to cook beef (or meat) make me so sad...


No comments:

Post a Comment