Jun 14, 2013

Japanese Doctors/Lawyers

In Japan, there are many doctors and lawyers who are authoritative to their patients or clients.

Such their attitudes seem to come from their elite consciousness and their awareness that their patients or clients are leaning on them.

Japanese doctors
Japanese doctors
Japanese lawyer
Japanese lawyer
Yes, if they have integrity (and we all hope they do so), they would take care of their patients/clients from the patients or clients' perspectives; however, the reality in Japan is not necessarily so ideal.

Japanese doctors/lawyers seem to be believing what they say is absolute and their patients/clients can't ask questions to them.

In fact, those intelligent people often make me as a patient/client feel stupid when I ask some questions, which I believe are very important to me.

Japanese accountants used to be similar to doctors/lawyers but have been changing to more business type of people as service providers.  I think one of major reasons for the accountants' change of their mindset has started since many Japanese accountants belong to large accounting offices where each accountant is just an employee and has to keen on business and become service oriented.  I used to work at large accounting firms as a consultant for a long time and never tried to be at a higher position than my clients.

I'm not saying that having an absolute position against a patient/client is definitely wrong, but such a relationship between a doctor/lawyer and a patient/client frequently causes the lack of communications, which would possibly lead to an accident or a mistake.

Both a doctor and lawyer are in a position to control or influence lives of their patient or client.

I hope, therefore, Japanese doctors and lawyers need to have more integrity and try to think about things from their patients/clients perspectives.

Follow TA Tokyo



1 comment:

  1. This article was written by a real thinking writer. I agree many of the with the solid points made by the writer. I’ll be back. lemon law lawyers los angeles

    ReplyDelete