Jun 21, 2013

Hydrangea

Tokyo is currently in the rainy season which has started in the beginning of this month (June) this year and is supposed to last until around the mid-July.

It's hot and humid during the rainy season, which makes most people gloomy.

Rainy season in Tokyo
Gloomy Whether in Tokyo
I don't welcome such a weather either; however, I'm happy to see hydrangea, which is in full bloom in the same timing as the rainy season.

hydrangea
Hydrangea
hydrangea

I'm not a person who loves flowers but become happy by viewing hydrangea.

I've never tried to think about why I like just this flower (to be precise, I also like cherry blossoms like most of other Japanese, but like hydrangea better).  Maybe I just feel peacefulness from the round shape and various faint colors of hydrangea.

I like a fine day breaking the rainy season but like to see hydrangea in the rain.

Hydrangea in the rain
Hydrangea in the rain
Hydrangea in the rain

If I could find a snail worming hydrangea, I would be in the "what else I need" feeling.

Snail worming hydrangea
Snail worming hydrangea
Snail worming hydrangea

Also, I like to see hydrangea subtly and simply blooming, for example, on a sidewalk or in the backyard of people's house, rather than ones intentionally arranged in a hydrangea park.

Hydrangea in the yard
Hydrangea in the yard
Do you also have a custom to enjoy hydrangea?

Follow TA Tokyo


No comments:

Post a Comment